Ms. Bradshaw?



So it's 12:30am and I am in bed watching another episode of Sex in the City. For anyone that is living a deprived life/hasn't been forced to watch by a girlfriend, Sara Jessica Parker portrays a single New York sex columnist named Carrie Bradshaw. She narrates throughout the show as she "writes" her pieces based on the trials of her life; while fabulously dressed, might I add.

While she flawlessly writes her fictitious articles in her perfectly staged Greenwich Village"apartment", 
I have my MacBook and my messy cozy suburban bedroom. She manages to stay hopelessly optimistic in her pursuit of the modern knight in shining armor while staying incredibly resilient and witty.

I am Carrie Bradshaw.

I think about all the couples that I aspire to be: Married for decades, still stupid-in-love, holding hands even if they're only walking ten feet... Here's the thing, people: 

THEY'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR DECADES. 

While it would be so easy to believe that no one wants this anymore, I remain optimistic. In a society where nannies push babies in strollers right NEXT to their mothers and a bride can be purchased through PayPal, I wonder: Is everything disposable or replaceable? Am I the only one remnant of a dead generation? Are those AHA! movie moments all bullshit?

Why is it that people want what they can't have and ignore whats right in front of them? 

It's 12:30 and I'm feeling philosophical. 

It all boils down to this: All I want is someone I can watch sports with, eat in bed at night with without judgement, spend Sundays in sweats with while not wearing a drop of makeup, someone to bitch at when I'm on the rag and hate the world, and someone who will hold me at the end of the day 
without thinking about some whore who's half as pretty and twice as easy as me.. (didn't say better, just said easier

Is that too much to ask for?

Screw it all. I'm going lesbian. Serious inquiries only.

Nightie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment